Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Cut up a fresh lime. Rub the juice from a piece of lime under the arms. Voila. Freshness all day long. Save the other pieces in the refrigerator and get a week's worth of freshness for the price of a lime.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Thanks to another essential oil lover, Evelyn Vincent, for this tip. Citrus Fresh can be used as a window and glass cleaner with this recipe.
Fill a 1 quart spray bottle halfway with vinegar. Fill the balance of the bottle with water and 10-15 drops of Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend. Shake and use.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
This is a nice blend from Evelyn Vincent to make for diffusing in your home or work place. Mix together in the well of a cold-air diffuser
· Spruce – 25 drops
· Lavender – 12 drops
· Eucalyptus – 12 drops
· Cedarwood – 10 drops
· Thyme – 8 drops
Add these to your diffuser for a forest fresh scent! These amounts are for the Therapro diffuser. If you’re using the Travel Fan Diffuser, Home Diffuser, or Ultrasonic Diffuser simply use less of the specified oils as these types of diffusers do not require as much essential oil.
Got a stinky pet or lingering cooking odors? Cigarette smell? Purification essential oil blend actually cleanses the air, removing environmental impurities. Containing citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, tea tree, lavender, and myrtle oils, this blend is a great one to diffuse when you want to freshen and cleanse the air and neutralize odors.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
For relaxation and a deep sense of peace, diffuse Peace and Calming Essential Oil blend. It calms tensions and uplifts spirits.
Saturday, April 13, 2013
To say we are big fans of Thieves household cleaner would be an understatement! Here at Essence of Wellness, we use this cleaner for everything—it has replaced most other cleaners in our homes.
We’ve used it with excellent results as carpet shampoo (in place of the normal carpet shampoo), mixed with baking soda and used in to clean sinks/toilet/shower in place of SoftScrub, as a laundry detergent, as a dish soap, as a cleaner for windows, walls, floors, and undiluted as an oven cleaner. Thanks to Evelyn Vincent for a great list of other ways to use this amazing product!
1. Use for bathrooms and toilets to sanitize and freshen.
2. Use to cut grease on kitchen counters, stovetops and oven cleaner.
3. Use to mop floors to clean and disinfect.
4. Apply to hands to remove stubborn, sticky substances like tree sap.
5. Use to wash fruits and vegetables from the supermarket.
6. Add to the water in your vacuum cleaner to cleanse the air.
7. Use in place of carpet shampoo to shampoo and disinfect the carpet.*
8. Squirt along ant trails in the house to keep them out.
9. Use in school classrooms to cut down on student sickness.
10. Scrub old floors to remove old varnish and prepare for refinishing.
11. Clean upholstery in your living room.*
12. Clean the upholstery and dashboard of your car.*
13. Soak off burnt food in pots and skillets.
14. Wipe or soak garbage cans to get them clean, sanitary and smelling fresh.
15. For bad stains (especially good for fatty stains), pour it on as a pre-wash stain remover.* Wash clothing immediately, do not let it sit over-night as it could fade the dye.
16. Use undiluted to clean and kill mold on walls and floors.
* We have never had a problem with this cleaner staining anything but we do recommend that you do a spot test to make sure you won’t have any marks, just in case!